« What does NOT matter regarding Quality Score? »
We Google Advertisers spend plenty of time talking about how to improve our Quality Score. You might get the impression that EVERYTHING matters.
Here Are 3 Things That Don’t Matter
- Ad’s Location on the SERP Does NOT Matter:
- That’s because the ‘Expected Click-Through-Rate’ is normalized for each ad position. The ‘Expected CTR’ of ad position 1 is quite different than #4.
- Running Ads on GDN or Search Partners Does NOT Matter:
- If you are heavily invested in the Google Display Network or Search Partners Network — smart idea. And don’t worry if they underperform the Search Network because this will NOT affect your Quality Score.
- Your Account Structure Does NOT Matter:
- I’m very particular about how I organize my account. But I could have the best organized Google Ads account on the planet and it won’t increase my QS. That’s because “Google’s Official Position” states that there is NO SUCH THING as an ad-group-level / campaign-level / account-level Quality Score.
(Regarding that last statement… yes, I do recognize that some folks outside of Google have argued that an account-level Quality Score does exist)
***Don’t waste time on stuff that doesn’t matter. How do you know? Well… you might not. But you will with AD SCHOOL, including how to find more freelance clients or your next Google Ads job.***
↓ link is below ↓