Do You Know This Phrase Match Tactic?
I’m sure you have read it (…and heard it) a dozen times — complaints that “Exact Match is no longer EXACT”.
There is a solution…
But I rarely see it…
Switch to PHRASE MATCH.
It only makes sense. When you are on Amazon or Bing or Google and you want to perform an EXACT MATCH search, what do you do?
You put “quotes” around your search phrase to make it EXACT. Why not do the same with your Exact Match Keywords?
You know the ones… the keywords that you really do want to be EXACT.
(…And it gets even better)
When I implemented this switch to PHRASE MATCH in 3 campaigns, my cost-per-click and cost-per-acquisition went down.
HERE ARE THE STEPS…
- Start with Long Tail Keywords:
- Identify your ‘4-5 word keywords’ and switch them to “Phrase Match”.
- Monitor the results for 1 week:
- Check your Search Terms Report every day for 1 week (or longer) to find the irrelevant search queries that sneak in.
- Add negative keywords to remove these bogus terms:
- That’s because when you switch to Phrase Match your impressions increase because other words are allowed BEFORE & AFTER the target phrase.
Congratulations, you are now back to “EXACT MATCH”.
Repeat the above with your ‘3 word keywords’.
Keep monitoring and adding negatives. Watch your CPC and CPA go down.
***Small changes like this will give you the winning edge. But is the ‘winning edge’ helping you get more rewarding work and higher income? You can achieve both inside AD SCHOOL — The Non-Course Alternative.***
↓ link is below ↓