What Are Local Search Ads?
«When using the Google Maps App I sometimes see an ad as the first business listing. How do I create these ads?»
This ad type is called Local Search Ads and you will see them more often because they show up in other places — NOT just inside the app.
These ads also have the benefit of containing a ‘click-to-call icon’ so you can call the business.
Here’s a list of where Local Search Ads appear:
- On the Google Maps web browser page (google.com/maps/).
- On google.com when you click “More Places”.
- (The two above also apply when using laptop or desktop computer.)
- Inside the Google Mobile App when you click “More Places”.
- Inside the Google Maps App.
♦ How To Create Local Search Ads
There are several required steps to get these ads running. I’ll summarize them for you.
- Your client’s business must have a Google My Business listing. If they already do, you should review it to make sure it’s 100% accurate before paying for advertising.
- Enable Location Extensions, which is how you link Google Ads to Google My Business.
- To do the above, your email address must have admin access to your client’s Google My Business listing (…and to Google Ads of course).
- Create an Ad Group and write 3 ads.
- When you create your ads, make sure to target & bid by location. Also found on the left side menu under ‘Locations -> Targeted’.
If you have ‘local business clients’ but haven’t implemented Local Search Ads, start today.